Instructions listed here are specific to Professional plan customers only.
The whole process is governed by the Community owner. First create a profile and log-in into the Apple developer console, followed by the creation of the profile and log-in to the iTunes Connect account. This process is mandatory in order to perform the App creation. iOS App approval and publication on the Apple Store is completely governed by Apple.
Please note that, before creating the App, Privacy, Cookie and Terms & Conditions documents should be completed and uploaded in the Admin Panel - Legal Pages platform section. This action is mandatory for obtaining the App approval by the Apple Team.
Follow the step-by-step guide below for the application process necessary to generate the iOS App of your Community. Here are the steps required before sending an iOS app creation request to SelfCommunity.
To ensure that the iOS App is correctly generated in the App Store, as a draft ready to be published, the community administrator has to:
- Log in to the Apple developer console (https://developer.apple.com/account) and create an Identifier (BundleID) for the new app
- Access App Store Connect (https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/), create the application and authorize the user firstname.lastname@example.org to manage the App in the administration panel.
a) Log in to the developer console and create an Identifier (BundleID) for the new app
- If you do not already have a developer account for the Apple Developer Program, please proceed with the signup process (Apple is charging an annual fee for this subscription) and get the account.
Login to the Apple Developer Console (https://developer.apple.com/account/). IMPORTANT: you must enroll to the Apple Developer Program as an Organization, not as an individual. To enroll the program go to https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ and start your enrollment.
- Create the “Identifiers” for the new App.
- Click on the button “+” and select “App IDs” and click “Continue”. Then, select type "App".
- Select “iOS” as Platform, insert the name of your Community App in the “Description” field. Now, in the “Bundle ID” field, insert “<reverse_domain>.<name_app>” where <reverse_domain> is a reverse-domain name style string (i.e. com.domainname) and <name_app> must be replaced with the name of your App with the first letter capitalized. Example: if the name of the App is “Fashionista” and domain is "www.selfcommunity.com", the Bundle ID will be “com.selfcommunity.Fashionista”
- Select the following options:
- Associated Domains
- Push Notifications
- And now click on “Register”.
b) Access iTunes Connect and authorize email@example.com
- Login to iTunes Connect (https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/) with the same email has been used to register the Apple Developer Console.
- Create a new application by clicking on the button “+”
- Select iOS as platform, insert the name of your App, insert the language you set for your Community (English or Italian).
Fill in the ID package and SKU field inserting the Bundle ID you have previously created (ref a.4).
Select the "Unlimited Access" option under "User Access".
- Click on “Create” to create the App.
- Go to the initial dashboard.
- Select Users and Access
- Add a new user
Insert the email firstname.lastname@example.org and assign it the role of APP MANAGER. In the “App” field select the App that you previously created, and check the option: “access to certificates, identifiers and profiles”.
Now, access your SelfCommunity platform (https://make.selfcommunity.com) and go to “App settings”.
In the tab Apple App Store process the request for developing iOS App for your Community by entering the email used for the subscription to the Apple developer Program (ref b.1). Then, click on "SEND" to the SelfCommunity team.
As soon as your App is ready, SelfCommunity will notify it by email to the Community administrator. The App will be available on iTunes Connect, ready to be tested and published.
PLEASE NOTE THAT: if a domain change is run after the publication of the Apps on iOS store, it is necessary to send a new App creation request from the App Settings section on SelfCommunity Platform.
This action is mandatory to guarantee the functioning of the App with the new domain.