Instructions listed here are specific to Enterprise plan customers only.
The whole process is governed by the Community owner. First create a profile and log-in into the Apple developer console, followed by the creation of the profile and log-in to the iTunes Connect account. This process is mandatory in order to perform the App creation. iOS App approval and publication on the Apple Store is completely governed by Apple.
Please note that, before creating the App, Privacy, Cookie and Terms & Conditions documents should be completed and uploaded in the Admin Panel - Legal Pages platform section. This action is mandatory for obtaining the App approval by the Apple Team.
Follow the step-by-step guide below for the application process necessary to generate the iOS App of your Community. Here are the steps required before sending an iOS app creation request to SelfCommunity.
To ensure that the iOS App is correctly generated in the App Store, as a draft ready to be published, the Community administrator has to:
- Log in to the Apple developer console (https://developer.apple.com/account) and create an Identifier (BundleID) for the new app
- Access App Store Connect (https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/), create the application and authorize the user firstname.lastname@example.org to manage the App in the administration panel.
a) Log in to the developer console and create an Identifier (BundleID) for the new app
- If you do not already have a developer account for the Apple Developer Program, please proceed with the signup process (Apple is charging an annual fee for this subscription) and get the account.
Login to the Apple Developer Console (https://developer.apple.com/account/). IMPORTANT: you must enroll to the Apple Developer Program as an Organization, not as an individual. To enroll the program go to https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ and start your enrollment.
- Create the “Identifiers” for the new App.
- Click on the button “+” and select “App IDs” and click “Continue”. Then select type "App".
- Select “iOS” as Platform, insert the name of your Community App in the “Description” field. Now, in the “Bundle ID” field, insert “<reverse_yourdomain>.<name_app>” where <reverse_yourdomain> is a reverse-domain name style string (i.e. com.domainname) and <name_app> must be replaced with the name of your App with the first letter capitalized. Example: if the name of the App is “Fashionista” and domain is "www.selfcommunity.com", the Bundle ID will be “com.selfcommunity.Fashionista”
- Select the following options:
- Associated Domains
- Push Notifications
- And now click on “Register”.
After register the app Identifier, register an Identifier also for an iCloud Container. To do this, click on the button "+" and select "iCloud Containers" and then click on "Continue"
Now, in the “Description” field, insert a description, for example "iCloud Container <name_app>" where <name_app> must be replaced with the name of your App. In the “Identifier” field, insert "iCloud.<reverse_yourdomain>", where <reverse_yourdomain> as for App Identifier, is the reverse of your domain. Then, click on "Continue". Example: if the identifier of your app is "com.selfcommunity.Fashionista" the iCloud Identifier will be “iCloud.com.selfcommunity”
Edit your App Identifier and under iCloud Capabilities section click on "Configure". Then, select the iCloud Container created in the previous step (rif. a2) and click on "Continue". Then, click on "Save", to save the App Identifier.
b) Access iTunes Connect and authorize email@example.com
- Login to iTunes Connect (https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/) with the same email has been used to register the Apple Developer Console.
- Create a new application by clicking on the button “+”
- Select iOS as platform, insert the name of your App, insert the language you set for your Community (English or Italian).
Fill in the ID package and SKU field inserting the Bundle ID you have previously created (ref a.4).
Select the "Unlimited Access" option under "User Access".
- Click on “Create” to create the App.
- Go to the initial dashboard.
- Select Users and Access
- Add a new user
Insert the email firstname.lastname@example.org and assign it the role of APP MANAGER. In the “App” field select the App that you previously created, and check the option: “access to certificates, identifiers and profiles”.
Once completed, you are ready to send to SelfCommunity team, the necessary information required to process your App iOS creation.
Open a ticket to the SelfCommunity Help Center (https://support.selfcommunity.com) specifying in the Description field the email used for the subscription to Apple Developer Program (rif. a1).
As soon as the App is ready, SelfCommunity will send a notification email to the Community administrator. The App will be available in the App Store, ready to be tested and published.
PLEASE NOTE THAT: if a domain change is run after the publication of the App on App Store, it is necessary to send a new ticket to request a new App creation request.
This action is mandatory to guarantee the functioning of the App with the new domain.
Please sign in to leave a comment.