Instructions listed here are specific to Enterprise plan customers only.
The whole process is governed by the Community owner. First, create a new project in Google Cloud Platform followed by a new application in the Google Play Store. This process is mandatory in order to perform the App creation. Android App approval and publication on the Google Play store is completely governed by Google.
Follow the step-by-step guide below for the application process necessary to generate the Android App of your Community. Here are the steps required before sending an Android app creation request to SelfCommunity.
To ensure that the Android App is correctly generated in the Google Play Store, ready to be tested and published, the Community administrator has to:
- Create a new project in FIREBASE and authorize the user firstname.lastname@example.org to access the project and manage the associated services as "Owner".
- Create an application in GOOGLE PLAY STORE and authorize the user email@example.com to manage the App within the administration panel.
A) FIREBASE project creation and authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a Google account (https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/signinchooser).
If you already have a Google account, please go to the next step.
- Login to your Firebase console (https://firebase.google.com/) with the account created in the previous step and clicking on "Go to console" on the topbar.
- Click on "Add project" to create a new project:
- Insert a project name (e.g. the name of your Community), then click on “CONTINUE”.
- Select "Enable Google Analytics for this project":
- Select a Google Analytics account and click on "Create Project":
- Select a location for Google Analytics, check the three checkbox and click on "Create project" button:
- Wait for the project creation:
- At the end of project creation you'll be redirected to Firebase Dashboard. Go to project settings clicking on the icon neat "Project Overview":
- Save this important data: “PROJECT ID” (eg. copy-paste and save in a text editor). This is an unique identifier that you can also find on the url project: https://console.firebase.google.com/project/<projectid>. Later, this ID will be necessary for the App creation request on your SelfCommunity Platform.
- Next, go to "User and permissions" and add a project member with email "email@example.com" with the rule "Owner":
B) App creation in GOOGLE PLAY STORE and authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign in to GOOGLE PLAY CONSOLE (https://play.google.com/apps/publish) using the previously created account.
PLEASE: Google requires the payment of a one-time fee of 25USD to authorize the App publication.
Before clicking the "Continue" button, make sure you have accepted Google Play Developer Terms and Conditions.
- Once the payment is completed, create the application by entering the name (usually the name of the Community) which you want to assign to your App in the Google Play Store.
- Now, without selecting the App, go to Settings -> Users & permissions and click on “Invite new user”.
- In the email field insert: email@example.com and select the following permissions, which are valid for this App ONLY:
- View app information
- Create & edit draft apps
- Manage production releases
- Manage testing track releases
- Manage testing track configuration
- Edit store listing, pricing & distribution
- Reply to reviews
Click on “Send invitation”.
Once completed, you are ready to send to SelfCommunity team, the necessary two information required to process your App Android creation.
Open a ticket to the SelfCommunity Help Center (https://support.selfcommunity.com) specifying the following information in the Description field:
- PROJECT ID (rif. a10), which you have created in Google Cloud Platform.
- The email used to sign up to Google Play Store (rif. b1).
As soon as the App is ready, SelfCommunity will send a notification email to the Community administrator. The App will be available in the Google Play Store, ready to be tested and published.
PLEASE NOTE THAT: if a domain change is run after the publication of the App on Google Play Store, it is necessary to send a new App creation request from the App Settings section on SelfCommunity Platform.
This action is mandatory to guarantee the functioning of the App with the new domain.